Author Topic: Early Access  (Read 487 times)

Offline Echtel

• View Profile
Early Access
« on: September 22, 2017, 03:05:59 pm »

Hello there!

First and foremost I would like to congratulate the dev team for coming up with this game; it was an amazing idea and I cannot wait for it to be released. Quite frankly RoM has pretty much everything I look for in an RPG and I'm not afraid to say I'm waiting for this with as much enthusiasm and anticipation as even M&B Bannerlord itself (and that's saying something guys, to me M&B is the best game ever made ;)).
Honestly in the last few years I've found myself more and more attracted to indie games as opposed to AAA titles. Small indie companies just do it better, with games that surpass huge brands in pretty much everything except the visual aspect. And you guys only confirm that idea.
I prefer tenfold to play a 2d, retro-style game like Realms of Magic, where you can see all the care and love the devs have put into it, rather than a soulless big ass title developed with massive resources like Total War Warhammer (which I didn't even buy BTW, and never will) where all you really see is the greed of a huge studio releasing the game with a day1 dlc (yes I'm royally pissed off at CA xD)... 

Now with my anti-mutinational rant out of the way (LOL) I would like to ask a couple questions:

Is Early Access release still planned? And also will the game make it to Steam Direct now that Greenlight has been retired (assuming of course that you guys still want to release on steam platform)? And if not, are you planning to sell directly from the home site? (not that it matters much, really, my money is as good as yours either way ;p)

Thanks for your time, keep up the wonderful work!

Offline Zakharn

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • I like games
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Magic
Re: Early Access
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2017, 09:19:53 am »
Hello and welcome!

We are really glad you like our game. We will be releasing Early Access on Steam in about one month.

Even though Steam Greenlight has been retired, games that got Greenlit, such as ours, can still be released without Steam Direct.

Thanks for your kind words! :)
My signature is awesome!

Offline Echtel

• View Profile
Re: Early Access
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2017, 09:14:31 am »

Fantastic, can't wait!

Thank you for your answer.

Oh and Zakharn... your signature is awesome... ;D