Author Topic: What features and game mechanics are expected to be in November E.A. Release?  (Read 122 times)

Offline jambox5

• View Profile
    • Email
Just curious which features are 'ready' and implemented for the release. I'm sure the basics like basic combat and building/mining are going to be available, but I'm curious about the following mostly:

-stealth features? will they be in, if so what can we expect initially, stealing, sneaking, pick pocketing, sneak attacks?

-Dialog/NPC interaction? Are NPCs in the game yet, and will dialog have branching choices on 8.11.17 release?

-Quests and merchants? implemented yet?

-Skill trees? how much of this is in place?

-Bosses/scripted events: hand made dungeons and scripted battles like bosses or specifically designed enemy encounters? or will it all be random gen to begin?

-Biomes: will multiple biomes be available or will it be pretty basic initially?

-Crafting: will it be available on release (ie making new weapons/armors)

any light you can shed on this will be wonderful!
Good luck with the final stretch before release!

Offline Zakharn

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • I like games
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Magic
Hey!

1. Unfortunately everything stealth related is planned after initial release.

2. NPCs, dialogues and quests are already in the game.

3. Merchants and trading system are implemented.

4. Currently we have One-handed, Mobility, Defense, Fire and Frost skill trees. They are pretty basic right now, however we will be expanding them during Early Access, as well as adding new trees.

5. Right now we have several handmade dungeons but we are working on random dungeon generator which we will roll out during EA.

6. We are planning to have one boss fight at launch.

7. We have one biome with small variations of it, like plains and forest.

8. Crafting system is up and running, it's split between different professions like blacksmithing, cooking, tailoring etc.
My signature is awesome!

Offline Zakharn

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • I like games
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Magic
Hey, just a quick revision of what I've said previously.

Even though we delayed release date to 6th of December we decided not to include Fire and Frost trees as well as a Boss fight. They still need a little bit more of work and polish but they will be coming very shortly after initial release. Everything else mentioned in previous post stays the same.

I was a little too optimistic, I'll try to keep it in check in the future. It even cost me a bottle of good whiskey - I made a bet with Manwe, our Lead Programmer, that we would have Fire and Frost talent trees ready before initial release, which we unfortunately don't.
My signature is awesome!