Author Topic: Inventory improvements  (Read 73 times)

Offline Lucius

• View Profile
Inventory improvements
« on: December 25, 2017, 08:03:36 am »
Hi Dev Team!
Merry Christmas!

I really enjoy your game, even in it's early pre-alpha stages. I like the casual style which allows me to jump in for 30 minutes and then jump out.

One thing however that will very soon will make me stop playing most likely is inventory management, because once you unlock majority of items to craft, this game aspect is just messy in current state. My wishlist of improvements is as follows:

- Sorting button (ideally by item type - ores together, edibles together, decorations together, etc...). Currently you need to manually drag & drop, which is a chore and if you die...
- Ability to designate character backpacks to contain only specific items (first backpack - for example only ores, metals, farming and alchemy items, second one only equipment, etc...), or even going as far as giving ability to designate each slot in backpack to specific item / item type. This would allow to organize your space which you carry.
- Similar to the above, I should be able to do the same with any container I place, for example I want to have food-only chest, etc...
- Crafting stations should be able to take from adjacent containers - for example I have a workbench and a chest adjacent to each other (maybe even 1-2 tiles away, for more spacing options). My workbench should be able to 'take' inventory from me and this container(s). This way you can much better organize how you craft items and is actually close to how you would 'craft' in real world.

Implementing the above features, or similar, would greatly improve play-ability and actually remove one of the current biggest headaches I currently have in your game :)

With Regards,
Lucius

Offline IanB

• View Profile
Re: Inventory improvements
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2018, 07:11:51 pm »
I agree completely with these suggestions.  In addition I would find a Search button where one could type part of a name and the bags containing anything matching would be highlighted in some way.